Summarize Spoken text is a task you need to write a summary of audio in 50-70 words in 1o minutes. The audio will be around 1 to 2 minutes longs. Here, you need to understand the spoken words, collect the key points and summarize. This is the very high scoring task. Many find this task challenging. However, candidate with predefined structure will be able to concur this section easily. Here are few templates to use for Summarize Spoken Text. Any template can be used for summarizing the spoken text.
10 minutes including audio time
Templates for Summarize Spoken Text:
- The speaker delineates the information about _______ . First and foremost, _______ . Moreover, _______ . Also,_______ . In conclusion, _______ .
- The lecturer describe the information about _______ . To begin with, _______ . In addition to this, _______ . Lastly, _______ . To conclude, _______ .
- The speaker provides the brief information about _______ . First of all, _______ . Secondly, _______ . In a nutshell,_______ .
- The speaker explains the major information about_______ . According to speaker,_______ . Furthermore, _______ . To summarize, _______ .
- The speaker was discussing …… He/she talked about ……. He/she mentioned ……. He/she discussed …….. He/she described…….. He/she suggested ……..
Sample Example for SST:
Sample Response to SST:
The speaker was discussing about the touch as a very important emotion factor when communicating. She mentioned that, researchers have found that touch as very important all to express emotions. She discussed, how Dr. Michelle has observed the parents and child communication. She describe about series of experiment in which sender was asked to send different emotions. She suggested, how the receiver try to understand type of emotion communicated.
Review the written SST:
Review your written summarize text to correct out any mistake done in grammar, spelling or punctuation. It becomes crucial to review the task check your sentences for like subject/verb agreement, word order, and tenses.
How to Practice for SST:
You must save some time to review the Summarize text. Grammarly help here to review one’s completed text. If any mistakes or error identified during practice must go to PTE Journal. This will help to track the mistake one is doing and overcome those during actual exam
PTE Journal provided by PTE Sprinters is another tool which can help here to note down the mistakes identified in terms of spelling, grammar, and review on a daily basis so that one is aware of their weak areas and overcome on those.